Be aware of these top 5 foods that fight cancer. On the whole cancer is a man-made disease; the result of turning too far from the lifestyle of our ancestors. By avoiding diets – and foods that fight cancer in particular – as well as activities that are health supporting, while accepting a highly artificial lifestyle and continually exposing our bodies to excess chemicals, we are encouraging many cancers to develop. This is why what you eat is so important to avoiding this top killer.
Your immune system is your internal body shield, your front-line of defence (white blood cells) against disease. If your immune system is weakened your body is more susceptible to invasion. The only way to build up your defences system (immune) is through diet.
Your eating habits either strengthen or weaken your immune system! Foods that feed cancer or foods that fight cancer. Eating enough plant based foods will ensure you aren’t deficient in the antioxidants and phytochemicals that feed your immune systems cells to defend the body against cancer.
It is commonly known that certain foods such as sugars (fructose in particular) and processed meats and foods contribute to cancer. Other foods can help prevent cancer and some may even kill cancer cells.
That being said “Let Food Be Thy Medicine” (Hippocrates).
Best Foods that Fight Cancer
Brassicas Daily are definitely among the foods that fight cancer
- Cabbage, kale broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, kohlrabi, turnip, rutabaga, radish, watercress & collards to name a few
- Contain Indole-3-carbinol – promotes protective estrogens
- Sulfur containing compounds which, improves liver detox and help prevent DNA damage
- Eat at least ½ cup of brassicas daily – coleslaw three times a week.
Garlic, Onions and Leeks
- Garlic helps prevent the inception, advancement and return of many cancers
- High in trace minerals geranium and selenium
- Protects you from bacteria, yeast and fungi
- Contain sulphur bearing compounds that helps liver detox.
Fresh Vegetable Juices/Smoothies
- Best way to supply vitamins, minerals & phytochemicals
- Add produce such as carrot, kale, parsley, cabbage, apple, berries (low sugar fruits)
- Improves detoxification.
- We need both soluble and insoluble
- Soluble found in bananas, oranges, apples, potatoes, cabbage, carrots, oatmeal, oat bran flaxseeds and beans and more
- Insoluble found in wheat bran, unpeeled apples and pears, tomatoes, strawberries, raw carrots, whole grain breads, beets, potatoes etc.
- All fibre improves elimination, decreasing constipation which helps to eliminate toxins through the bowel.
Curcumin: number 1 among foods that fight cancer
- Turmeric has antioxidant, anti-tumour and anti-inflammatory properties
- Curcumin currently has the most evidence-based literature supporting its use against cancer than any other nutrient.
- Is thought to prevent the formation of hormone-dependent and hormone-independent cancer cells as well as cells resistant to chemotherapy
- It stimulates bile production in the liver, improves the ability of liver enzymes to detoxify, relieves gas and is cleansing to the blood and skin
- Have a teaspoon of powder daily on its own or in a smoothie or supplement with curcumin capsules.
These foods may not work for ALL cancers, so you have to be careful and also work with a knowledgeable health care practitioner who is experienced in treating cancer. Unfortunately, many are still in denial about the power we each wield over our own health, and that preventing disease and even treating disease can be as simple as modifying your diet and lifestyle.