How to quickly eliminate Dark circles and under- eye bags
Got dark circles around your eyes? Or perhaps a pair of under-eye bags that steal your youthful look away? You need not undergo a cosmetic procedure to remove those as there are natural ways to get rid of dark circles and under-eye bags. Identifying the reasons or causes of this problem is essential in creating a more sustainable remedy to it.
Most causes of dark circles aren’t serious, except when it’s a symptom of liver disease.
Causes of Dark Circles and Eye Bags
Although sleep is the most common factor that causes under-eye bags and dark circles to appear, there are also other important aspects to look into.
- Age – as sad as it sounds, but it’s a fact that when we age, our skin under the eyes will become dry and may sag over time.
- Hereditary – dark circles and eye bags can be inherited, too!
- Dehydration – lack of fluids in the body can cause dark circles to appear.
- Stress – need I say more?
- Nutrient deficiency – like dehydration, poor nutrition can manifest in the eyes. Vitamins A,C,E and K help remove dark circles.
- Menstruation or Pregnancy – both causes the iron levels the body to deplete, which can result to a paler skin. When the skin beneath our eyes turn pale, the bluish or purplish veins become visible that gives an illusion of dark circles. Since iron deficiency can cause dark circles to appear, anemia is also one factor to consider.
- Allergies – can cause dark circles or puffiness as a result of scratching or rubbing the skin around the eyes. At the same time, dark circles in children may also indicate allergies.
- Liver Disease – dark circles are maybe signs of liver dysfunction as caused by several liver diseases like fatty liver or hepatitis.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles and Under-Eye Bags
There are many natural ways that can help reduce, if not totally remove dark circles and puffiness underneath your eyes.
Many beauty enthusiasts who opt for natural cure for eye bags and dark circles use natural ways and ingredients like cucumber to cure puffiness, tea bags to reduce discoloration and swelling, and a frozen spoon that can be placed over the eyes.
Use of Parsley
Parsley is packed with vitamin K that reduces puffiness and helps lighten the skin. It also has vitamin C and Chlorophyl.
Dark circles are created when too much blood flows around the eyes. When you topically apply parsley, it reduces the blood flow in these areas, which is vital in the entire process of removing your dark circles and eye bags. For this beauty regimen, we are going to make an eye mask to brighten your dark circles.
- A handful of fresh parsley
- Cotton pads
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- Parsley and yogurt, when combined, will give a hydrating and cooling effect on the skin. So what you are going to do is put these 2 ingredients into a food processor and make a smooth paste out of them.
- Apply the paste around your eyes and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- If a food processor is not available, you can crush a bunch of parsley using mortar and pestle. You can also grind it until the juice comes out.
- If yogurt is also unavailable, just stir 1 tablespoon of hot water into the mixture.
- Wait for the water to cool down and then soak a cotton ball or two onto the mixture. Lie down and apply the cotton balls under your eyes for 20 minutes. Rinse off using lukewarm water.
The results of this treatment may vary from one person to another. Depending on the severity of your dark circles and eye bags, you may do this routine twice or three times a week before seeing any result.
If your dark circles are caused by nutrition deficiency, then the best approach to getting rid of these unsightly nuisances is to eat a balanced diet to get enough nutrition. You may also take vitamin supplements if necessary.
The best way to keep yourself hydrated is to drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. Soft drinks and juices with high sugar or aspartame cannot replace water and are not good for drinking.
The habit of smoking can cause vascular diseases that are often fatal. Not only that! Smoking also makes the blood vessels more obvious and bluer.
Treat Your Allergies
Allergies cause itchiness, watery eyes and nasal congestion – all these can aggravate or cause dark circles to appear. Congested nasal causes the veins around the sinuses to dilate and blacken, giving those ugly dark circles.
Restore The Health Of Your Liver
Detoxifying the liver is best done by juicing. Some specific fruits and vegetables that are good for the liver and gall bladder are:
- Citrus Fruits
- Dark leafy greens (all sorts)
- Red Cabbage
Liver Cleanse Juices
- 6 fresh lemons
- 4-5 inches of ginger root
- 3 grapefruits
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3-4 pinches of cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons of flaxseed oil
- 500 ml of boiled and cooled water
- 3-4 leaves of fresh mint (optional)
- Squeeze all the lemons and grapefruits, and set the juice aside.
- Put water in a blender and add garlic pieces and grated ginger. Blend the ingredients well and strain the juice into a different container.
- Mix the two juices and add water. Blend the new mixture with cumin powder and flaxseed oil for 45 seconds.
- Your juice is now ready! You may garnish it with mint leaves before serving.
- 125 grams of fresh cabbage
- 25 grams of celery
- 250 grams of fresh pear
- 4-5 leaves of fresh mint
- 1-inch of ginger root
- 1 piece of fresh lemon
- 500 ml of filtered water
- Chop the cabbage, ginger, pea and celery into small pieces. Put them in a blender, add one cup of distilled water and blend for one minute.
- Extract the lemon juice and add into the mixture.
- Pour the juice in a container and serve chilled. You may add mint leaves.
As with everything, be consistent with your beauty routine. You do not need to do things everyday be regular. Actually, taking care of yourself increase the self confidence and is also about your own well deserved TLC.